Monday 26 December 2011

Out of favour Australian batsman Simon Katich backs Cowan as worthy successor







"Ed Cowan is definitely ready for Test cricket. He''s made a lot of runs this year, he deserves his chance, and he''s got a big future ahead of him,'''' The Age quoted Katich, as saying.

His statement comes after he was axed from the Cricket Australia (CA)''s list of 25 contracted players for the 2011-12 period.

Katich said he does not have any grudges against selectors over the move despite averaging over 50 after making a comeback to the Australian Test squad in 2007

"I''ve spoken about my international career recently, a lot has happened in the past five months, but I understand the selectors are probably going in a different direction,'''' Katich said.

''''I''m fortunate that in the last few years I got back in the Test team. I''ve got to look at it positively. I''ve played 56 Tests instead of being stuck on 23 so I will always be grateful for that,” he added.

"There are lots of people worse off than me in the world. As much as it was disappointing to know that I probably wouldn''t play Test cricket again, I''ve dealt with that, and I''ll play cricket for whoever wants me for as long as I can," Katich said.

No comments:

Post a Comment