Monday 9 January 2012

Injured Pattinson hopeful of return to ODI squad











The lanky seamer picked up the foot injury during the second Test at the SCG, where the hosts won by an innings and 68 runs.

"It's not as bad as first thought. I'll probably miss two Test matches and then I will probably look to play the One-dayers, so it's not all bad," Pattinson was quoted as saying by 'Fox Sports'.

Pattinson admitted that he was not hundred per cent fit during India's second innings because he had experienced similar pain in the foot before.

"I reported a bit of pain to (physiotherapist) Alex (Kountouris) during the second innings and it was just sort of getting worse and worse," he said.

"I have had a stress fracture in my foot before and I know the feeling, so I just reported that and said it felt similar. So he just got me to get a scan and it showed there was a hot spot," he added

No comments:

Post a Comment