Monday 9 January 2012

Pak batsman Azhar Ali keen to play in all three cricket formats





"If given a chance I will definitely try to perform well in the twenty over and fifty over formats too", quoted Ali, as saying.

Ali admitted that the match conditions in the United Arab Emirates would be beneficial to Pakistan in the upcoming series.

"We have a slight edge over England when it comes to the conditions, but the England team is also preparing very hard for the series and will be very well prepared too when the matches begin," Ali said.

Ali has so far featured regularly in Tests as a batsman at the number 3 spot, and scored 12 half centuries and one century at an average of 42.

"I bat in accordance with my own style, I don't try to do things at the crease that are not my strengths, but the importance of my batting at the number three position adds more responsibility to my role," Ali said

No comments:

Post a Comment